Monday, July 21, 2008

Pitter Patter, clatter all around....the sounds of everything around....some familiar, some a little strange. Picking up the pieces of life one at a time.... broken yet not crushed. I choose not to glue them back and build the cracked plate or proverbial glass.
I choose to build a kaleidoscope...like the one we built as children with broken bangles and mirrors. The colours, the changing images, the effort, the joy. Once a school science project, now a project for life.
I don't see pieces, I see an everchanging, evolving colourful mosaic.

2 comments:

CRD said...

ur in pain? and u feel like showing off ur pain? is that what u meant wen u said u wanted to make a kaleidoscope of the shattered glass?

Angeleyes said...

ouch!!! Like 1 of those ink blot tests,...it depends on ur psyche. D kaleidoscope would depict interlinked pieces which would'nt be of too much value by themselves, but as a part of something, they make the most beautiful pictures. Someone sees pieces, I see mosaics. Someone sees pain....I see living. Someone sees showing off....I see revealing. Individuality of thoughts, buddy!