Friday, June 6, 2008

Cliche'd Quotes


I love quotes- so sue me! I can't help it. I am one of those people who will spend hours reading quotes....funny ones, serious ones, philosophical ones, and downright rude ones. Why not? there is so much truth attached to many of these one-liners. I mean you have got to admire the brilliance and wit of these people. The most inane of things the most common of situations can be brought home by these quotes.
I have spent most of my life collecting these little scraps of experience. Some help me laugh at the turns in my own life and some help me relate to those around me. and well... some of them help liven up a flagging conversation ( read that as put-downs/insults we dish out to friends in the name of humour).
Lately, i have started noticing these "pearls of wisdom" from my friends. The pun on a word, the relay of retorts; absolutely brilliant.
I hope out here to share quotes many of you may have heard or read; and some that may just be corollaries to stuff we already know.
And if no one really reads my blogs, what the heck? Atleast I've built up a good collection of stuff I love reading!

No comments: